2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting - FOX 32 News Chicago

2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

Posted: Updated:
Rapheal Hearn, 29, of Inkster faces murder charges Rapheal Hearn, 29, of Inkster faces murder charges
  • Tragic death of a 2-year-old girlMore>>

  • Inkster chief resigns in wake of slaying of 2-year-old girl

    Inkster chief resigns in wake of slaying of 2-year-old girl

    Friday, July 11 2014 10:26 PM EDT2014-07-12 02:26:17 GMT
    Chief Hilton Napoleon announced his decision effective Friday in a letter after more than three years on the job. In the letter, Napoleon said he's been working under "extreme" conditions and the "lack of resources and adverse working conditions has taken its toll."  Napoleon says the July 1 slaying "makes my decision that much easier."
    Chief Hilton Napoleon announced his decision effective Friday in a letter after more than three years on the job. In the letter, Napoleon said he's been working under "extreme" conditions and the "lack of resources and adverse working conditions has taken its toll."  Napoleon says the July 1 slaying "makes my decision that much easier."
  • Rally held to stop the violence in Inkster following shooting

    Rally held to stop the violence in Inkster following shooting

    Monday, July 7 2014 12:58 AM EDT2014-07-07 04:58:10 GMT
    They rallied to stop the violence in Inkster Sunday after a triple shooting that claimed a two year old girl's life. Her father and a 12-year-old girl are still recovering from gunshot wounds and two suspects are in custody.
    They rallied to stop the violence in Inkster Sunday after a triple shooting that claimed a two year old girl's life. Her father and a 12-year-old girl are still recovering from gunshot wounds and two suspects are in custody.
  • 2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

    2nd suspect charged, one released in Inkster shooting

    Saturday, July 5 2014 8:24 PM EDT2014-07-06 00:24:36 GMT
    A second suspect now faces murder charges in the Inkster shooting that left a 2 year old dead and her father and a 12-year-old girl shot and injured. But, police released a third suspect who was also taken into custody.
    A second suspect now faces murder charges in the Inkster shooting that left a 2 year old dead and her father and a 12-year-old girl shot and injured. But, police released a third suspect who was also taken into custody.
INKSTER, Mich. (WJBK) - A second suspect now faces murder charges in the Inkster shooting that left a 2 year old dead and her father and a 12-year-old girl shot and injured. But, police released a third suspect who was also taken into custody.

Neighbors on Carlysle where the shooting took place are outraged the third suspect is back out on the streets. July 1, Kamiya Gross, 2, was shot and killed. Her father and another child were injured and are recovering in the hospital. Saturday, Rapheal Hearn, 29, of Inkster was arraigned on murder and assault charges. He's being held without bond. The alleged triggerman, Raymone Jackson, 24, was previously arraigned on seven counts including premeditated murder and torture. Investigators say he intentionally shot the child to get even with her father.

"Put the guns down. Put the guns down. Please. Put the guns down," pleaded Inkster resident Jess Antoine, choking back tears. "Now our children are suffering. Our children are suffering from it. Please put 'em down. It's not worth it."

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy released this statement following the arraignment, "The alleged facts in this case, including the deliberate shooting that killed an infant and injured a young girl, are among the most heinous that I have ever seen."

Stay with Fox 2 and myfoxdetroit.com for continuing coverage of this developing story.


  • Randy WimbleyMore>>

  • Duggan bringing big changes to Detroit water department, starting with shutoffs

    Duggan bringing big changes to Detroit water department, starting with shutoffs

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 8:51 PM EDT2014-07-30 00:51:24 GMT
    Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan is promising big changes at the water department, starting with the controversial shutoffs."Certainly it has hurt the reputation of the city," Duggan said. "I have been anxious to do something about it for awhile and I am just glad I have a chance to do it,"Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr handed over the water department to the mayor and City Council TuesdayDuggan says better publicizing assitance programs is the biggest priority."I still don't think the people in need h...
    Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan is promising big changes at the water department, starting with the controversial shutoffs."Certainly it has hurt the reputation of the city," Duggan said. "I have been anxious to do something about it for awhile and I am just glad I have a chance to do it,"Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr handed over the water department to the mayor and City Council TuesdayDuggan says better publicizing assitance programs is the biggest priority."I still don't think the people in need h...
  • Royal Oak fire crew forced to watch house burn waiting for DTE

    Royal Oak fire crew forced to watch house burn waiting for DTE

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 5:47 PM EDT2014-07-29 21:47:18 GMT
    Roberta Erxleben has lived in her house for 30 years and says her garage would not have been destroyed Sunday had DTE responded to another electric fire sooner.
    Roberta Erxleben has lived in her house for 30 years and says her garage would not have been destroyed Sunday had DTE responded to another electric fire sooner.
  • Storm damage in Oakland and Macomb counties

    Storm damage in Oakland and Macomb counties

    Monday, July 28 2014 6:27 AM EDT2014-07-28 10:27:31 GMT
    Damage was reported across Metro Detroit Sunday after severe storms moved across our area. About 200,000 customers lost power in the hail, heavy rain, strong winds, localized flooding and thunder and lightning.
    Damage was reported across Metro Detroit Sunday after severe storms moved across our area. About 200,000 customers lost power in the hail, heavy rain, strong winds, localized flooding and thunder and lightning.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Michigan man mocked on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal, celebrities files lawsuit

    Michigan man mocked on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal, celebrities files lawsuit

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 7:08 PM EDT2014-07-30 23:08:15 GMT
    Jahmel Binion filed a lawsuit in Macomb County court today.Jahmel Binion filed a lawsuit in Macomb County court today.
    They said they were sorry -- but it's not enough. The local man -- who was mocked for his appearance on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal and other celebrities is now suing.
    They said they were sorry -- but it's not enough. The local man -- who was mocked for his appearance on Instagram by Shaquille O'Neal and other celebrities is now suing.
  • Witnesses describe punch that killed soccer ref, say suspect has been violent before

    Witnesses describe punch that killed soccer ref, say suspect has been violent before

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 6:57 PM EDT2014-07-30 22:57:23 GMT
    More details emerged from 16th District Court about what happened on the soccer field the day that referee John Bieniewicz died, allegedly from a punch to the neck by Baseel Abdul-Amir Saad. Testimony was heard through the eyes of four witnesses, three players including two on the opposing team, one teammate of Saad and a police officer. According to court testimony, Saad has gotten violent before on the soccer field.Wiping away tears, 36-year-old Saad, facing a judge on second-degree murder ...
    More details emerged from 16th District Court about what happened on the soccer field the day that referee John Bieniewicz died, allegedly from a punch to the neck by Baseel Abdul-Amir Saad. Testimony was heard through the eyes of four witnesses, three players including two on the opposing team, one teammate of Saad and a police officer. According to court testimony, Saad has gotten violent before on the soccer field.Wiping away tears, 36-year-old Saad, facing a judge on second-degree murder ...
  • Woman's life changed from side effect of bariatric surgery

    Woman's life changed from side effect of bariatric surgery

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 6:41 PM EDT2014-07-30 22:41:11 GMT
    A metro Detroit woman should be celebrating her tremendous weight loss, but instead is now battling a rare condition that has her regretting her bariatric surgery.
    A metro Detroit woman should be celebrating her tremendous weight loss, but instead is now battling a rare condition that has her regretting her bariatric surgery.
Powered by WorldNow

205 N. Michigan Avenue
Ground Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Station Operator: (312) 565-5532
Newsroom: (312)565-5533

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices