To apply: http://jobs.fmcna.com/chicago/vascular-care/jobid4809947-fvc-regional-director-of-operations-chicago-or-houston-jobs
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position supports Fresenius Medical Care's Mid-West Region and will be based in either Chicago, IL or Houston, TX.
Directs, administers and coordinates the day to day technical and clinical operations of the vascular access centers and business operations in an assigned region. Provides effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service and quality patient, to ensure the provision of the highest quality of patient services and care to the community. Participates in the implementation of company, divisional, and business strategies and initiatives regarding vascular access operations aligning priorities to ensure attainment of company and business goals and objectives. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth of region while ensuring compliance with all pertinent company policies and regulatory requirements.
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FVC policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication with all customers.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Directs and oversees the vascular access business within a defined region through effective leadership and management of customer service, quality patient care, marketing of Fresenius Vascular Care and responsible fiscal management. Coordinates operation strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding quality patient care and vascular access services while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring efficiency and economy.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for standardization in care lines. Leads implementation of opportunities to improve alignment between physicians and FVC's strategic quality goals and objectives. Develop and pursue best practices in the areas of operational management.
- Participates in the development of regional strategic plans, goals and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the division and company. Implements, disseminates and administers operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the division's and company's goals and objectives. Implements facility-specific and region quality goals and action plans in order to achieve FMCNA quality standards.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of facilities/services in region including optimal performance of facility operations to achieve key performance indicators ensuring cost efficient operations.
- Participates in the budget planning process for FVC. Responsible for implementing and taking the required actions to ensure adherence to the established budget. Analyzes and submits capital expenditures within authorized budgetary guidelines. Analyzes cost of supplies and services for Center(s), prepares operating budget and monitors budget, making recommendations for capital equipment as appropriate. Analyze monthly variance report with intervention and education at center level as needed with plan of action and follow up.
- Collaborates with FVC Operations management and executives in the development and implementation of regional and facility-specific business plans.
- Responsible for implementation and achievement of business plan and key performance indicators communicating to Facility Manager and Medical Director as appropriate.
- Reviews financial performance with Facility Manager and Medical Director on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area with VP Operations and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Coordinates and oversees all logistics associated with patient care within the assigned region.
- Develops systems and mechanisms to evaluate and improve performance of FVC care delivery.
- Collaborates with medical directors to achieve quality and utilization outcomes.
- Collaborates with marketing team and leads business development functions for affiliated and new centers.
- Leads and develops guidelines and protocols for new service line implementation.
- Directs development and use of tools and data capability to provide actionable cost and quality information.
- Develops care management functions to coordinate care to achieve right care, at right time, at right place, and with appropriate cost structures.
- Identifies best practices in clinical management and disseminates to respective functions and leaders.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to facility management including clinical and technical managers and other support staff as appropriate. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with Human Resources partners.
- Responsible for coaching, developing and overseeing performance of Facility Managers as well other direct report personnel.
- Ensures the appropriate training and orientation of new staff members and current facility personnel on FVC and FMCNA policies and procedures. Provides counseling, support, and encouragement regarding professional growth as appropriate.
- Implements and tracks facility and management training initiatives per FMCNA procedures.
- Implements and drives the FVC Staffing Model and other FMS business initiatives including the prompt intervention and implementation of corrective action plans for clinics with below threshold performance.
- Collaborates with HR resources to recruit and interview candidates for facility positions. Follows the FMCNA process regarding obtaining recommendations for employment and promotion offers for candidates according to FVC selection standards. Works with HR to ensure execution of offer letters and appropriate completion of other related new hire and promotion paperwork according to FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with HR and Facility management regarding personnel issues and the appropriate resulting corrective action as needed, and to ensure implementation of, and adherence to, FMCNA Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Takes the required actions and strategies to drive teamwork within each facility or program.
- Leads regulatory scheduled communication sessions and meetings to facilitate strong communication process between Facility Managers, direct patient care staff, support staff at the facility, and corporate management.
- Drives FMCNA and FVC quality standards through meeting all regulatory requirements and the practice of continuous Quality Improvement.
- Implements facility-specific goals and action plans in order to achieve FVC and company quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care as defined by the FVC and company quality goals by working with the appropriate field staff to ensure compliance with FVC and FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Ensures FVC facility employees receive appropriate training and education per department and company requirements, including training to ensure ongoing compliance with all FMCNA and FVC risk management initiatives.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds.
- Ensures all FVC and FMCNA Clinical Quality policies and procedures are communicated to, and implemented by, the vascular access center/facility staff.
- Responsible for compliance with all data collections and auditing activities as appropriate.
- Provides oversight, ensuring the appropriate maintenance of the facility environment integrity, including safety, of all facilities.
- Maintains excellent relationships with the Medical Directors and physicians, facilitating Facility Manager and staff relationships with physicians.
- Coordinates and attends quarterly meetings with Medical Directors to address various issues and topics including attending physician staff, customer service issues, growth of the business, policies, procedures, initiatives and special projects
- Communicates all vascular access initiatives with physicians and acts as a liaison between staff and physicians.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Markets FVC facilities and services to physicians providing information regarding service provided etc as requested.
- Collaborates with the Infrastructure department and Clinical Operations:
- Provides input regarding the planning, site development, construction, equipment/systems, supplies and services for new vascular access facilities in applicable region.
- Oversees and monitors facility ultrasound equipment, including coordination of scheduled and emergent repairs.
- May participate in process for equipment pricing bids and tracking of equipment, both owned and managed
- Ensures and promotes the development of the area management team/succession planning through coaching, training and leadership development.
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and applicable systems within designated region. Ensures appropriate inventory control measures are applied and practiced.
- Evaluates and analyzes data and prepares statistical and narrative reports such as the number and type of procedures performed, cost analysis, time analysis and communicates to the VP Operations for planning and productivity purposes
- Serves as a patient and customer advocate; investigates problems, complaints, and issues of concern from both the patients and staff. Collect Patient Satisfaction Surveys Monthly to monitor patient satisfaction at the center level.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Significant travel is required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare or business related field.
- Advanced education preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Five years healthcare administrative and management experience required. Experience in the outpatient ambulatory surgery field preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of vascular access personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results oriented.
- Maintains knowledge of technical and clinical aspects of the vascular access business.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary. Experience with Advantx database is preferred.
EEO OF M/F/D/V
View this listing here: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/hea/4301315380.html