The law firm DiTommaso Lubin, P.C. is seeking a part-time litigation paralegal/legal assistant to perform administrative support tasks for attorneys in their Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois office. Work hours will be Tuesday through Thursday 11:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., and Friday 9:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M., with a half an hour unpaid lunch break each day.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assisting attorneys with the preparation of correspondence, pleadings, briefs, memorandums and other legal documents, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas;
• Preparing client representation agreements;
• Electronically filing motions, responses, replies, notice of motions, certificates of service, and other legal documents online with Federal Court and State Court e-filing systems;
• Retrieving filed documents via PACER for federal cases;
• Assisting attorneys with deposition and trial preparations;
• Communicating with judges, attorneys, witnesses or other individuals related to cases;
• Answering and transferring incoming telephone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments and depositions, answering general inquiries, and performing potential client intakes;
• Maintaining the firm's docket calendar (e.g., inputting court calls, deadlines, appointments, and other events);
• Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence, and preparing outgoing mail and courier deliveries;
• Updating contact information in client files and case files;
• Copying and scanning documents;
• Inputting time entries into Time slips; and
• Coordinating and making travel arrangements for attorneys.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The following requirements are necessary for the position:
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years' experience as a litigation paralegal, legal assistant, or secretary
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro
• MUST BE TECH-SAVVY! Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and be able to quickly learn new computer programs and court e-filing systems
• Excellent organizational skills and time management skills are a must, as is extreme attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• MUST HAVE STRONG PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS! (e.g., takes initiative to solve problems themselves by researching online or making phone calls)
• Ability to follow directions and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work past 5:00 P.M. if necessary
Depending upon experience and skills, starting pay will be between $18-20 per hour with the potential to make more based upon level of competence and length of employment. 401K benefits may also be available.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter and your resume to the email address listed above. Please no calls or faxes regarding the available position.
View this listing: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/lgl/4290588895.html