Mathnasium of Algonquin
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children while running an exciting business?
Then, join us at Mathnasium®, The Math Learning Center, where we teach kids math the way that makes sense to them. Mathnasium of Algonquin (Algonquin, IL) is opening and has a position for a Center Director.
Our goal is to significantly increase children's understanding of math concepts by developing their number sense and boosting their confidence in the subject. Our program is for students in Pre-K to Pre-Calculus.
Bring your passion and be inspired to be part of a talented team. Champion math learning and make a positive impact on each child!
Summary of Position Responsibilities
• Assist owners in initial set-up of operations, hiring, and systems/procedures set up
• Teach and mentor children, following Mathnasium methods and processes
• Assess new students, manage curriculum and communicate results
• Responsible for running and managing day-to-day center operations, including interacting with parents
• Establish a team environment, train, mentor and manage instructor staff and schedules
• Market/network within the community to grow the business
• Sell Mathnasium services
• Assist other Center Directors in developing ideas and solving problems with a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Strong math or math-related background
• Observable sense of humor and ability to engage children in making education "fun"
• Strong managerial and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Experience in teaching or tutoring children in math
• Some small business experience (preferred but not necessary)
Four year degree preferably in Education, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or a related field
Hours: Full time with availability to work during center open hours. Center Directors generally work M-Thurs 11:00 -- 8:00 pm and on Sat 10:00 -- 2:00 pm during the school year. Additional hours may be required to fulfill the requirements of this position
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 with incentivized bonus schedule tied to center growth and enrollment retention
Contact: Please e-mail resume with brief introduction/bio
At Mathnasium, we specialize in teaching kids math the way that makes sense to them. Using the time-tested proprietary Mathnasium Method™ and curriculum that has helped thousands of students in more than 430 Mathnasium centers nationwide, we are committed to helping each child catch up, keep up, and get ahead in math. Our team of highly skilled instructors is passionate about math and helping kids and has been rigorously trained to teach the Mathnasium way.
All Mathnasium students receive one-on-one instruction in a small group setting and a customized learning plan based on the unique needs and goals of each child. We focus on filling in the gaps in our students' mathematical foundations while providing them with the help, guidance, and encouragement necessary to tackle what is being taught in school. The results are measurable progress, a renewed sense of confidence, and a positive attitude toward math and learning. We are dedicated to providing our students with a warm, positive environment that makes learning math fun. Learn more about Mathnasium at www.mathnasium.com.
View this listing here: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/edu/4290598148.html