Ashburn Evangelical Lutheran Church (ELCA) in Chicago seeks a part-time salaried music director. We are a lively and diverse congregation with music as an important part of our worship. We seek someone with vibrant faith, church music experience, good organizational skills, and proficiency with a range of worship music from traditional hymns to contemporary Gospel music. The church music director will provide music on piano and organ, direct the Ashburn choir and the bell choir, coordinate volunteer musicians and special music, and work together with the pastor to plan worship. This position is 10-15 hours a week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Exceptional candidates will demonstrate:
• proficiency in leading congregational singing in a broad range of musical styles
• motivation to recruit and encourage other musicians
• spiritual maturity and appreciation of the Lutheran theological tradition
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Inquiries and resumes should be directed to Pastor Elizabeth Hiller, through Craig's List Mail Relay, or by phone, 773-737-2620.
Description of Music Director:
Ashburn's Music Director provides leadership in worship planning, leads congregational singing and directs the choir during worship and special services. Specifically this involves:
• Lead worship on piano and/or organ for Sunday worship service.
• Lead worship at all special worship services, e.g. Advent, Lent, Holy Week, Christmas, etc.
• Rehearse and accompany the choir, soloists and instrumentalists.
• Select and play appropriate music for preludes, postludes, offertories and other music.
• Supervise instrument repair and maintenance.
• Meet with the pastor monthly and as needed to plan for worship services.
• Recommend appropriate hymns and congregational songs for worship.
• Select appropriate music, conduct rehearsals and direct music participation in worship for our choir and bell choir.
• Engage the support of other musicians, soloists and instrumentalists.
• Provide bulletin announcements & newsletter articles.
• Maintain all appropriate licenses for music reproduction and performance.
View this listing here: http://bit.ly/1bWifci