Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP is a premier class action and large-scale complex litigation firm, focusing on representing plaintiffs in securities, antitrust, product liability, consumer fraud, employment, and environmental cases. Founded in 1993, HBSS now has 9 offices nationwide, and has become one of the nation's leading firms in these fields. HBSS is consistently listed among the top ten plaintiffs' firms in National Law Journal's annual survey.
HBSS is currently looking for a Paralegal for its office in Oak Park, IL. Litigation in the Oak Park office specifically focuses on class actions. This position would be responsible for working alongside attorneys during all phases of the litigation process, from the initiation of a case to the discovery period through trial and post-trial proceedings and appeals.
• Prepare pleadings and other legal documents, correspondence, and exhibits, format and proof.
• Assist in the preparation of legal memoranda, including state, federal, and appellate pleadings, cite-check, apply Blue Book rules, format and proof.
• Gather facts, documents, and evidence to assist in the initiation of legal action or motion practice.
• Assist with discovery requests and responses; conduct document searches; organize documents and coordinate document productions, including bates-stamping, redaction, production logs, and e discovery.
• Maintain and search databases.
• Work with clients and class members to gather and convey information.
• Prepare materials for oral arguments.
• Prepare for trials; organize exhibits, witness materials, the trial notebook, and all other supporting documents; coordinate trial logistics.
• Perform administrative functions such as assist in maintaining a paperless office by scanning and filing documents in document management system; perform word processing functions, perform filing, efiling, service and mailing of pleadings, documents, correspondence and courtesy copies, calendar deadlines.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with minimum 5-7 years' experience as a litigation paralegal.
• Understands complex legal concepts and terminology.
• Knowledge of the rules regulating paralegals/legal assistants.
• In-depth knowledge of Federal court rules and procedures, and the skills to find and understand those in other jurisdictions.
• Knowledge of Federal ECF efiling systems, and the ability to learn efiling systems in other jurisdictions.
• Ability to perform legal research using LexisNexis or Westlaw.
• Ability to draft pleadings and discovery.
• Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize workload, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to perform under tight deadlines and maintain patience in high pressure situations.
• Strong working knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
Please include "Litigation Paralegal - Chicago" in the subject line.
Respond to this ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/lgl/4230171676.html