Walton County girl seriously burned in bizarre accident - FOX 32 News Chicago

Walton County girl seriously burned in bizarre swing set accident

Posted: Updated:

A 2-year-old girl is in critical condition from serious burns she suffered in an apparent bizarre accident over the weekend in Walton County.

Investigators believe the victim's 4-year-old sister got a hold of a gasoline can and poured fuel onto their swing set's plastic slide. Authorities believe static electricity ignited a fire when the girl slid down the slide.

Sheriff Joe Chapman said that the girl's father had just stepped inside when the incident happened. He heard screams and scrambled to help his daughter by dousing her with water in the shower. She was rushed to a nearby fire station for help.

The girl suffered burns over 30 percent of her body and is in Grady Hospital's burn unit.

Chapman said that no charges are pending as it appears to be a tragic accident.

Powered by WorldNow

205 N. Michigan Avenue
Ground Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Station Operator: (312) 565-5532
Newsroom: (312)565-5533

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices