A man was arrested on Saturday after his wife caught fire at a gas station in Clarkesville.
FOX 5 News first obtained the surveillance footage that captures the terrifying moments. Police said 37-year-old Austin Dawkins held up a cigarette lighter too close to the gas pump as he was filling up his truck at a Gulf Food Mart on Grant Street. After flames erupted from the gas tank, Dawkins is seen pulling the flaming nozzle from the truck. The spewing stream of fire is seen splashing on to and eventually engulfing Dawkins' 30-year-old wife Jessica.
Jessica Dawkins was rushed to the hospital. She sustained critical injuries, including second-degree burns to her arms, legs, back and head.
Austin Dawkins also sustained minor injuries to his hands.
After examining the video, the state insurance commissioner and fire investigators issued a warrant for Dawkins' arrest, citing reckless conduct. He was arrested for the incident on Saturday and booked in the Habersham County Jail.
WARNING: Above is RAW VIDEO that shows the horrifying moments before and after the pump catches fire. Viewer discretion is advised.