Access Media 3 (AM3) is one of the largest Private Cable Operators in the United States serving more than 100,000 subscribers. The company is backed by proven equity and debt sponsorship, with strong track records in aggressive growth opportunities. Recently AM3 was chosen by Crain's Chicago Business as #5 in the 2013 Fastest Fifty list, on the heels of being named by Inc. Magazine for the second straight year as one of the 500/5000 fasting growing companies.
AM3 is currently looking for a Director of Project Management who will support business to proactively ensure timely, successful implementation of projects, using significant knowledge, expertise, and skills in account management, project management, and company products, systems, and technologies. Provides customized coordination, project planning, and communication between customers, vendors, Sales, Operations, Business Development/Marketing, Accounting, and internal departments to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with company service delivery.
1. Management: Project manages projects from initiation through billing verification. Determines customer requirements for monitoring and reporting. Manages documents; tracks progress of projects from post sales through post-installation, using milestone management through other functions such as field based project management, existing reports and systems, and customized project plans. Schedules customer activations and is available to customers for afterhours support. Establishes and manages budgets, tracks budget to actual expenditures' on a project level.
2. Ownership: Takes independent action to solve problems impacting project, ensuring all jeopardy/risks to successful implementation are addressed and escalated appropriately. Maintains ownership of resolution while accessing escalation resources for assistance if unable to diagnose or resolve. Develops unique strategies to solve issues, and negotiates with customers, third parties, and management to ensure consensus approach to installations that fall outside normal parameters.
3. Communication: Reports status on all project activities . Participates in regular status calls and activation activity as required, using project plans and order tracking documentation. Manages client expectations on 24/7 basis. Provides post-completion support to assigned customers through customer activation/acceptance and into appropriate lifecycle management. Functions as resource to customers life cycle.
4. Validates service order documentation to ensure compliance to meet customer expectations, working with Sales organization and following guidelines of company policies. Utilizes critical thinking and provides situational direction and guidance to other employees to ensure customer expected installation dates are met.
5. Teamwork: Provides policy compliance support and procedural guidance when needed. Proposes solutions to challenges that are consistent with company policy and profitability.
6. Mentoring/Leadership/Supervision: Provides experienced, technically capable leadership. Manages complex customers and projects. Takes on additional workload when necessary, including non-implementation duties; and participates in user acceptance testing.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
Strong demonstrated knowledge of:
• General technical considerations for traditional voice, video data, integrated solutions, and switched access implementations
• Knowledge of basic RF engineering
• Knowledge of video / internet deployment in an MDU environment
• Strong computer skills (preferably Microsoft Office word processing, presentation, data management, and project management software).
• Professional, accurate, persuasive written and verbal communication
• Strong analytical skills
• Time management, task prioritization, and problem solving skills, including organizational abilities to facilitate multiple activity management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Works in office setting with computer workstation configuration
• Other physical duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• EE Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 7-10 years telecommunications or similar industry experience (CATV, PCO, ISP, Etc.), including implementation and milestone management for service activation, design, customer account management
• Recent experience with the implementation of technical telecom installations and services is required.
• Experience with direct customer interaction, supporting and working with customers is required.
• Must be willing and able to be available on a 7x24 basis for customers.
• Must be willing to work a schedule that may require more than 40 hours during the week
• PMP certification desirable
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please do not email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website; http://am3inc.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-474825.html
Access Media 3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer