Detroit Marriott plans $30 million renovation - FOX 32 News Chicago

Detroit Marriott plans $30 million renovation

Posted: Updated:
DETROIT (AP) -

The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center plans to begin a $30 million renovation in February.

The downtown hotel is located in the same complex as Detroit-based General Motors Co.'s headquarters. Renovations are expected to take about a year.

In announcing the project Monday, the hotel says its 70-floor facility will remain open during the project. Work includes overhauling 1,329 guest rooms and other spaces. New decor is expected to include updated colors and prominent photos of Detroit architectural landmarks.

The hotel's area general manager Shonda Johnson said in a statement that Detroit Marriott is "energized by the current revival of Detroit."

Detroit last month requested bankruptcy protection, the largest municipal filing in U.S. history. Redevelopment projects in the city have continued to move forward.

------

Online:

http://www.detroitmarriott.com

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:46:07 GMT
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?

  • Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:34 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:34:31 GMT
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
  • Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:30 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:30:40 GMT
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
Powered by WorldNow

205 N. Michigan Avenue
Ground Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Station Operator: (312) 565-5532
Newsroom: (312)565-5533

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices