LearnPad is the leading Android-based tablet solution for K-12 schools. We are seeking an energetic, creative, detail-oriented Web Developer (Integration) to drive product customizations, which allow our LearnPad Solutions to better meet specific customer (School/District) needs. These customizations tend to be client-specific, rather than global product enhancements. However, the successful candidate will work closely with our Development Team to drive customer feedback and product feature sets.
The key responsibility this position will be to work with LearnPad Development Team, field sales and marketing personnel, services staff, and customers to define and provide timely improvements/refinements to the LearnPad integrated cloud-based portal. This will require maintenance as well as new development activities. This position will require occasional travel (< 15%) and on-site meetings with customers.
• CSS 3/HTML 5
• Web UI Development with jQuery framework
• Server-side web programming in any of the following: Cold Fusion, PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, .Net, or similar language.
• Writing/Maintaining SQL database queries (MySQL, MSSQL)
• Experience with the Android SDK a plus
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment
• General understanding of common development methodologies
• Experience managing project specifications and requirements
• Proven ability to review/revise customer customization specifications, and execute and complete development projects on time
• Excellent communication skills with ability to work effectively with technical and business resources
• Ability to maintain and grow internal and external relationships, responding to demands of internal and external customers
• Hands-on approach to problem solving with an ability to resolve problems that don't have an obvious solution
• Passion for improving student learning experiences and teaching methodologies
• Ideal candidate will have past experience working in K-12 industry
The LearnPad Web Developer (Implementation) will be based in Hoffman Estates, IL.
Respond here: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/sof/4004183951.html