Coroner: 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of overdose - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

Coroner: 'Glee' actor Monteith died of heroin, alcohol overdose

Posted: Updated:

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- A coroner says `Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner's office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."

Follow Us!

Powered by WorldNow

205 N. Michigan Avenue
Ground Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Station Operator: (312) 565-5532
Newsroom: (312)565-5533

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices