Click here to learn more about Northwest Cherries.
Here is the recipe features on FOX 2 News Morning
Rainier Cherries, lentils, toasted almonds,
Detroit Brick cheese crumbles
4 each - 7oz Salmon Filet
8 oz - Lentils
4 oz - Sliced Almonds
4 Cups - Chicken stock
6 oz - Goat cheese
1 pound - Pitted Cherries
2 Tbsp - Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp - Kosher Salt
1Ž2 Tbsp - Black pepper
1 Tbsp - Extra Virgin Olive oil
1. Lentils must be rinsed under cold water and soaked for about 30 minutes before cooking. After 30 minutes drain lentils from cold water.
2. In Medium Sauce pan, place chicken stock and all the lentils in pot and bring to a boil.
3. Once rolling boil turn down the heat to Low. Cover the pan and let simmer for about 35 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
4. Strain Remaining liquid from tender lentils. Place in refrigerator until you're ready to finish lentil salad.
1. Take half a pound of pitted cherries and place in small sauce pan with 1/3 cup water over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2. Smash cherries with a wooden spoon as they simmer. Cook until a syrup like consistency. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Place in blender on medium power for 30 seconds or until smooth.
1. Season with Kosher salt and Black pepper on both sides of the Salmon.
2. Be sure to clean your grill before you place the Salmon on the grill.
3. To help the Salmon to not stick to the grill, spray your Salmon filet with non-stick pan spray before you place on grill.
4. Cook the Salmon for around four minutes on each side. Brush cherry glaze over Salmon for the last minute that it is on the grill.
5. Let the Salmon rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
1. In medium bowl mix chilled lentils, goat cheese, sliced almonds and remaining 1Ž2 pitted cherries.
2. Season with Kosher salt and black pepper and mix all together with one Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1. Place Salmon over lentil Salad and drizzle remaining glaze around the plate.
2. Enjoy your Dinner!
Grilled 7 oz. Skinless Salmon Filet
Rainier Cherry Glaze
Grilled Cherry Glazed Salmon
Father & Son team cooks up a Lobster Lover's dream!
J. Baldwin's in Clinton Township is back and better than ever.
205 N. Michigan AvenueGround FloorChicago, IL 60601Station Operator: (312) 565-5532Newsroom: (312)565-5533