'Transformers 4' to be filmed in metro Detroit this spring - FOX 32 News Chicago

'Transformers 4' to be filmed in metro Detroit this spring

Posted: Updated:
(WJBK) -

Autobots and Decepticons are returning the metro Detroit. The Michigan Film Office confirmed Wednesday that Transformers 4 is expected to film this spring in southeast Michigan after it was approved for a film incentive from the state.

"It speaks volumes about all Michigan has to offer that Transformers is returning once again to our state," said Margaret O'Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. "This project will shine another bright spotlight on Michigan and provide tremendous opportunities for our cast, crew and support services.

The film was awarded an incentive of $20 million on $81.9 million of projected in-state expenditures. Officials expect 368 Michigan workers to be hired during the filming.

Transformers 4 is the third film in the series to use Detroit as a backdrop. The first Transformers, released in 2007, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, released in 2011, also filmed in metro Detroit.

Director Michael Bay said last month he has lined up Mark Wahlberg for a role in the film, along with Jack Reynor as the young male lead.

Read more here.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Let It Rip Weekend Proposal One and the Mongo Brothers

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:46 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:46:07 GMT
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?
    How is Proposal One tied into funding our local schools, police and fire departments, plus should African Americans abandon the Democratic Party and the UAW?

  • Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Porch shooter Theodore Wafer back in court for 3rd day of trial

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:34 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:34:31 GMT
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
    The trial of a Detroit-area man who killed a young unarmed woman on his porch is entering its first full week of testimony.
  • Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Parents of child held in basement appearing in court

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:30 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:30:40 GMT
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
    DETROIT -- The father and stepmother of a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was found in his basement after an 11-day disappearance are due back in court.
Powered by WorldNow

205 N. Michigan Avenue
Ground Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Station Operator: (312) 565-5532
Newsroom: (312)565-5533

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices