'Drive' star Ryan Gosling spotted in Grosse Pointe - FOX 32 News Chicago

'Drive' star Ryan Gosling spotted in Grosse Pointe

Posted: Updated:
Actor Ryan Gosling was spotted at a Starbucks shop on Kercheval in Grosse Pointe.  (Credit: Fox 2 News) Actor Ryan Gosling was spotted at a Starbucks shop on Kercheval in Grosse Pointe. (Credit: Fox 2 News)
  • 'Drive' star Ryan Gosling spotted in Grosse PointeMore>>

Yes, you did see Ryan Gosling in Detroit this past weekend

Tuesday, March 19 2013 8:25 AM EDT2013-03-19 12:25:08 GMT
    Social media was abuzz over Ryan Gosling sightings in the Motor City this past weekend. Tweets and Facebook posts mentioned seeing the Hollywood heartthrob at places like Starbucks in Grosse Pointe and a bar in Detroit.
GROSSE POINTE, Mich. (WJBK) -

Sexy leading man Ryan Gosling is setting hearts afire across metro Detroit as he pops up here and there.  The hunky actor wants to make a movie here called "How to Catch a Monster," and to catch Gosling, you might want to try Grosse Pointe.

Staff and customers are still buzzing about the heartthrob actor popping into the Starbucks on Kercheval.

"We've actually had a bunch of people calling, and we have a feeling there's going to be like high school girls collecting in here after school today," said a worker.

"I'd be so excited.  I'd have to get his autograph for my daughters for sure," said a customer.

Jill just happened to stop in for coffee.  She works next door at Skye Salon.

"If he was here now I'd be excited," she said.

What would she say to him?

"I don't know?  I love him."

Naturally a salon full of women would have something to say or swoon or shriek or just play it cool like Natalie.

"I wish I was in there getting a coffee and acting really cool," she said.

How would she act if he was around?

"I would act like I didn't know who he was so maybe he'd think I was cool."

"I can't do the cool," said another woman.  "I would get all red and shy."

Other than on the ladies' phones, we did not see Gosling, but he has been seen around town scouting movie locations.  Have your cameras ready.

• Jason CarrJason CarrMore>>

Detroit's smallest deli is big in character

Wednesday, July 16 2014 6:13 PM EDT2014-07-16 22:13:00 GMT
    At 212 E. Grand River stands a storefront that is no more than 10 feet wide, but what it lacks in size it makes up for with its sandwiches.

Tiger Stadium site redevelopment plans move ahead

Tuesday, July 15 2014 8:23 PM EDT2014-07-16 00:23:08 GMT
    Right now the baseball diamond at the old Tiger Stadium is being used by little leaguers and even some vintage baseball teams. But that could change, even before this season is over.

Thomas Video and DVD store in Royal Oak soon to close

Tuesday, July 8 2014 9:28 PM EDT2014-07-09 01:28:02 GMT
    This is the kind of place film director Quentin Tarantino might have worked had he grown up in metro Detroit.  He did visit the Thomas Video and DVD store in Royal Oak once.
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

Three arrested after military reservist killed during carjacking

Tuesday, July 29 2014 7:01 PM EDT2014-07-29 23:01:39 GMT
    A third suspect is under arrest in the carjacking and murder of a young man outside the Superland Market at Schoolcraft Road and Rutland Street Monday night.

Duggan bringing big changes to Detroit water department, starting with shutoffs

Tuesday, July 29 2014 5:56 PM EDT2014-07-29 21:56:25 GMT
    Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan is promising big changes at the water department, starting with the controversial shutoffs."Certainly it has hurt the reputation of the city," Duggan said. "I have been anxious to do something about it for awhile and I am just glad I have a chance to do it,"Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr handed over the water department to the mayor and City Council TuesdayDuggan says better publicizing assitance programs is the biggest priority."I still don't think the people in need h...

Royal Oak fire crew forced to watch house burn waiting for DTE

Tuesday, July 29 2014 5:47 PM EDT2014-07-29 21:47:18 GMT
    Roberta Erxleben has lived in her house for 30 years and says her garage would not have been destroyed Sunday had DTE responded to another electric fire sooner.
Powered by WorldNow

205 N. Michigan Avenue
Ground Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Station Operator: (312) 565-5532
Newsroom: (312)565-5533

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices