The Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS), with more than 24,000 members, is a statewide, professional membership organization dedicated to enhancing the value of the CPA profession. Founded in 1903, ICPAS is the fourth largest state CPA society in the nation. ICPAS represents Illinois CPAs in public accounting and consulting, corporate accounting and finance, government and not-for-profit organizations as well as three affiliate member groups: students, educators and related finance professionals.
This position is part of the Membership Department whose main responsibility will consist of responding to incoming calls and providing excellent customer service to members/non-members. This position will process new memberships, register existing members to educational classes and conferences, assist in processing annual dues and other payments, and answer general questions. We are looking for someone with previous call center or receptionist experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide superior service to members via telephone and email to help with:
a. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) registrations and information
b. Membership updates and inquiries
c. Group member benefits
d. General information
e. Calling members to follow up on membership renewals and inform them of the benefits of membership
2. Accurately process related work using our database system to service calls including: new memberships, membership updates, CPE registrations, requests for membership or CPE information, and other miscellaneous requests.
3. Assist manager with dues processing, data integrity checks and other database related projects.
4. Serve as backup to the receptionist as required.
5. Process CPE classes: database input, program reconciliations, printing rosters and badges, etc.
6. Keep management informed about time sensitive and critical service issues as they occur.
7. Handle special projects and training as required.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. At least three years experience in customer service or as a receptionist.
2. Be able to work from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Willing to work other hours as needed for a special project, member meeting or conference.
3. Experience with computerized office equipment, especially phone systems, PCs, Fax machines and copying equipment.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be skilled at taking incoming calls and making outbound calls to promote membership to non-members.
5. Proven ability to interact with callers while entering information into our database.
6. Ability to work well under supervision, in a team environment, and independently.
7. Self-starter and team player.
8. Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office products; including Word and Excel.
The Illinois CPA Society offers an excellent benefit package including a convenient location close to public transportation, competitive compensation, health insurance, dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick days, and a 401k plan.
Please email your resume to the address listed above and include "Customer Service Coordinator" in your subject line. No phone calls please. Recruiters and staffing agencies not welcome at this time.