Have fun teaching guitar to groups of elementary school kids! Afterschool Enrichment Solutions was founded in 2001 and currently works with over 250 schools. We expect to have around 4,000 children enrolled in our programs this fall.
We are looking to fill an opening at an elementary school in Mundelein. The class will start on Monday, October 22. The class runs once a week 2:30-3:20pm.
We are not necessarily looking for professional musicians: your enthusiasm about music education is more important to us than your musicianship. The children are mostly between the ages of 8 and 14 (grades 3-8), and many of them are beginners. Experience of teaching children (not necessarily guitar) or working with groups of children would be a plus.
Every instructor will have to pass a fingerprint-based criminal background check. Reliable transportation is required. Commitment through mid-to-late December is required; longer-term commitment is preferred. The instructors need to be able to check their email at least once a day and have a working phone number. Having a cellular phone is a plus.
This is a very part-time opportunity (one hour per week at this location; possibly a few other classes on other days of the week). It is only possible to schedule one one-hour class per day. If interested, please include the following in your response:
1) your availability (which weekday afternoons you can work)
2) the area you live in (or go to school to)
3) your guitar/music experience
4) your teaching experience.
5) please indicate whether you have a car
6) please indicate whether you can commit only through December or longer
7) how many classes you would like to teach (min/max)
8) why you would like to teach guitar to children
9) (Optional but recommended) your resume