CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -
OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE: OMX) is a leader in both business-to- business office products solutions and retail office products, and seeks a lead distribution specialist.
The OfficeMax mission is simple. We help our customers do their best work.
The company provides office supplies and paper, in-store print and document services through OfficeMax ImPress™, technology products and solutions, and furniture to consumers and to large, medium and small businesses.
OfficeMax customers are served by approximately 35,000 associates through direct sales, catalogs, e-commerce and more than 900 stores. OfficeMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the US.
To be considered for this position you must apply at www.jobs.officemax.com to job #EX0000084903, no e-mails or phone calls accepted.
Shift hours for this full-time position are: 2:00 AM-10:30 AM; Monday-Friday and may fluctuate based on customer demand.
The Lead Distribution Specialist is responsible for the daily distribution activities, productivity, and quality within the assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. Acting as a member of the management team, responsible for distributing workflow and allocating resources.
- Responsible for and fully qualified in one or more functional areas.
- Regularly assigns, reviews, and checks work of other employees within functional area. Provides technical, training, and problem-solving resources.
- Provides input for performance reviews and makes salary review recommendations.
- May be responsible for building security.
- Regularly contributes ideas and suggestions for improvements to the distribution process.
- Responsible for housekeeping and safety in functional distribution area(s) for which the position is responsible.
- Must understand the impact of OSHA regulations in their functional area and assist with related training and compliance.
- Interacts regularly with people at a variety of levels inside and/or outside the company.
- Lead person who regularly assigns, reviews, and checks work of other associates as well as providing instructions about procedures and help in resolving problems.
- Conducts or provides input for personnel actions including performance planning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
The above represents general responsibilities for the position. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Requires specialized distribution training and/or a minimum of three years distribution experience. Knowledge of the operation of a PC.
- Knowledge of the operation of power/mobile equipment.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language and practical application knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Basic knowledge of policies, practices, procedures, and OfficeMax Organizational Structure. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing using the English Language.
- Ability to lift single cartons up to 70 pounds.