Senior Spring, Inc. is a Chicago-based homecare company that provides skilled nursing and personal care services.
Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Job Type: Part-Time/Contractual
Help the patient and family to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations and services planned to restore the patient to the optimum social and health adjustment within the patient's capacity.
• Assist the physician or podiatrist and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's health problems.
• Assess the social and emotional factors in order to estimate the patient's capacity and potential to cope with the problems of daily living.
• Assist the patient and family with personal and environmental difficulties that predispose toward illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
• Utilize all available resources, such as family and community agencies, to assist the patient to resume life in the community or to live within the disability.
• Observe, record and report social and emotional changes.
• Prepare clinical and progress notes for the clinical record.
• Graduation from an accredited school of social work.
• Current and unencumbered LSW or LSCW licensure in Illinois.
• At least one year of social work experience in a health care setting.
Apply by responding to this ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/hea/3316391120.html