The Senior Financial Accountant reports to the Regional Finance Coordinator and will serve as the primary liaison between the Global Accounting Teams and Midwest Operations. This position will help manage and coordinate the fiscal period close process and ensure financial reporting accuracy. The position requires team work, initiative, and the ability to drive continual process improvement. Well qualified candidates may have the potential to coordinate or directly manage other team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Calculate, prepare, and process specific journal entries as necessary in accordance with accrual based accounting;
2. Serve as the primary Regional A/P contact;
3. Ensure that all entries to primary functional area accounts are accurately and properly classified. Ensures entries are timely and the account balances are correct and properly supported with designated backup;
4. Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts within specified primary functional area(s);
5 Perform the special tasks and procedures related to your specific functional areas (both primary and shared responsibilities);
1. Coordinate and lead various components for the fiscal period close process;
2. Liaison with Global Accounting and Compliance for all areas of accounting;
3. Research and make recommendations for both policy and process improvements in accounting and operations;
4. Coordination and support of compliance projects such as Tax, 404 and external audits;
5. Liaison for Store Development Team as it relates to Accounting;
6. Develop strong working relationships with Central and Regional Accounting and Operations personnel involved with this functional area;
7. Participate in working groups and task forces for areas of accounting including but not limited to: margin/inventory, accounts payable, construction and operational expenses;
8. Responsible for training/communicating accounting changes and the impact to the region as necessary;
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred and 2 to 4 years of related experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
2. CPA, CFA, CMA or similar certification a plus;
3. Working knowledge of accounting principles, policies and practices preferred;
4. Self-directed with the ability to problem solve required;
5. Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills required;
6. Well organized, able to prioritize, multitask and adhere to deadlines required;
7. Must understand Income Statements, Balance sheets, G/L, A/R, and A/P;
8. Ability to work with others to ensure completion of projects and assigned tasks as required;
9. Strong desire and willingness to learn various accounting functions required;
10. Proficiency with Windows, Word, and Excel are required; working knowledge of Peoplesoft preferred;
11. Must be a team player;
12. Ability to evaluate systems and procedures and effect changes where necessary to meet the needs of the region;
13. Retail background, food industry experience preferred;
14. Business and reporting ethics a must;
15. Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values a plus;
Interested candidates can apply at the link below.
Noodles & Company is looking for a Shift Manager who thrives in a restaurant setting and is looking to ultimately take their career to the next level in management.
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer that also operates competitively excellent restaurants and specialty coffee bars in our stores. We are looking for talented restaurant cashiers to contribute top tier performances in the food and beverage arena.
Glazer-Kennedy Insider's Circle (GKIC) is looking for a dynamic Customer Service Representative to be part of our Membership Service Department.