Eastbay Brand Ambassador
On behalf of Eastbay, the online sporting goods retailer, Bolt Marketing Group, LLC is seeking former high school and/or college athletes with a serious passion for sports to work as an Eastbay Ambassador. The 2012/13 Eastbay Tour is a mobile event marketing campaign focused on the West Coast and in the Midwest (specifically WI, IL, MN). The Eastbay Tour is a mobile retail store that provides a V.I.P. experience to middle school, high school, and college athletes and coaches, adding value to team sales meetings with an interactive mobile brand experience. This is a traveling position that requires 90% of travel out of state.
The primary role of the Eastbay Ambassador is to provide a memorable brand experience to consumers at each event. The Eastbay Ambassador will coordinate event logistics by serving as a liaison between coaches and event directors, Bolt Marketing Group, and the Eastbay Sales Reps. The Eastbay Ambassador will set-up and execute the events, collect athlete and parent information, interact with athletes and coaches in a relatable manner, sell product, increase Eastbay brand awareness, and support Eastbay's marketing and retail needs as it relates to the Eastbay event marketing campaign.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree
• High school and/or college athletic experience preferred
• 1-2 years experience in marketing or event promotions preferred
• Professional demeanor with excellent oral communication skills
• Must be able to write effective and concise daily/weekly reports
• Able to work varied business hours, including weekends and evenings
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Able to travel 90% of the time
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work for the duration of the mobile campaign starting September 2012 -- August 2013
Additional Preferred Experience
Successful tour teams are well rounded. We are looking for individuals who meet our requirements, and who are strong in one or more of these additional areas:
• Retail/POS experience, handling cash and credit card transactions, making deposits
• IT troubleshooting with experience as a systems or network administrator (CCNP/CCNA is ideal)
• Auto mechanics, general carpentry, would consider yourself a craftsman
Compensation is $550-$850/week depending on experience and does not include benefits or relocation packages. This is a contract position that will run from September 2012 -- August 2013. Ambassadors hired will be subject to a criminal background check and a 30-day performance-based probation period to start. Ambassadors will be required to travel up to 90% of the time employed and tour related travel expenses are covered by Bolt Marketing Group, LLC. Interviewing for this position will start immediately, and new employees will be expected to start employment immediately.
About Bolt Marketing Group, LLC
Bolt is an innovative, full-service event marketing agency specializing in experiential and mobile event marketing solutions. Visit www.boltmarketinggroup.com to learn more about Bolt.
If you're interested in applying, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience with sports and marketing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Eastbay Ambassador" in the subject line of your email. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR CONTACT BOLT MARKETING GROUP OR EASTBAY DIRECTLY FOR THIS POSITION.