Brand Connections, one of the fastest growing companies in the US according to INC Magazine, is a leading provider of integrated media and marketing services. We assist leading national brands create memorable brand experiences utilizing integrated marketing tactics including retail marketing, out-of-home media, product sampling, experiential marketing and social media.
For more information on the company, visit www.brandconnections.com.
Time Commitment And Compensation: Project Based Position (Full-Time for approximately 9-10 months starting mid-July, 2012). Base salary and bonus package is commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Chicago, IL & Surrounding Suburbs
The company seeks an experienced Beauty Concierge with proven success in retail sales and/or the client service industry with a passion for beauty to be the onsite beauty representative for a large retail chain's growing beauty department. As the Beauty Concierge, you will be the friendly local expert advising customers about which makeup, hair care and skincare purchases meet customers' unique needs, routine, look and budget.
Given the nature of the program, this candidate must be passionate and knowledgeable about the beauty industry (makeup, skin and hair care) and the candidate must possess a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in the retail sales or client service industry. Applicants must be highly organized with excellent verbal skills, as well as portray a stylish and well-put together appearance. Candidate must currently use beauty brands that are available at a wide-range of beauty retailers including Wal-Mart, Target, Sephora, and department stores. We are seeking someone who is friendly and warm, and who is not overly pushy to provide information and education to customers that allows them to feel confident in their purchase and helps them find the right products.
More specifically, this individual's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently creates a welcoming environment for customers.
• Engages customers with high energy and passion.
• Ensures a high level of customer service is provided at all times.
• Service multiple customers easily and efficiently.
• Prioritizes plans and adjusts schedules and agendas to ensure all business goals are achieved.
• Complies with all hygiene standards.
• Consistently seeks trend and product knowledge to act as expert for the customer.
• Meets or exceed sales and productivity goals.
• Attends continuing education seminars and workshops comprised of daily and weekly trainings. Also actively pursues additional product knowledge as needed.
• Participates in weekly one on one meeting with Regional Manager.
• Travel between two retail chain stores daily within specific territory.
• Stays current on product knowledge for all Cosmetics lines to remain competitive.
• Maintains constant communication with the store manager for product ordering purposes.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word software.
• Key insight reporting (observe and report customer response on product items to Regional Manager and National Director on a daily basis per store).
• Practices rapport building techniques to engage customers.
• Embraces the common joy of beauty in everyone and connect with each customer on an individual basis.
High potential candidates should exhibit most or all of the following:
• Beauty Enthusiast --is personally passionate about beauty
• Minimum 1-3 years experience in retail sales and/or the client service industry.
• Excellent verbal communications skills; superb organizational skills.
• An ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers.
• Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes.
• High level of ownership, accountability and imitative.
• Willingness to travel 30-60 miles between retail stores daily.
• Willingness to work weekends.
• Ability to stand on your feet for several hours at one time.