Here's where you come in. . .
• Braintree continues to grow in size and scope, and our world continues to grow in complexity. We're looking for an experienced and exceptional candidate who can help us handle the growth, is as passionate about service and customer experience as he/she is about coaching and developing exceptional service-minded people and is able to deliver the hands-down best customer engagement and retention practices domestically and around the world.
Had you been with us last month, this is what you would have hypothetically done...
• Mastered the art of balancing the strategic (lots to think about when you're growing) and the hands-on (you gotta get your hands dirty!).
• Deftly answered customers' questions and worked with our banking partners to investigate payment issues.
• Analyzed large sets of data while learning to identify recurring data patterns, communicate what those patterns mean, and provide potential solutions to merchants.
• Driven retention by being a payments consultant to our customers.
-Educated customers on new product features and increased adoption.
-Proactively identified potential customer issues and worked to resolution.
-Identified ways to improve our product and service by gathering customer feedback.
• Launched a new and improved training program.
• Interviewed, hired and trained the most talented and passionate people.
• Created a bit of fun and a little weirdness (but not creepy weirdness).
• Led a cross-functional team including Accounts, Sales, and Marketing to design and launch programs that drive retention and improve customer engagement.
• Collaborated with the team to set and achieve team and individual goals.
• Enriched lives by being a coach, partner, and friend to the Accounts team.
Please DO NOT apply if:
• You have zero capacity to learn more from people around you
• You're afraid to admit when you don't understand something or afraid to seek help from others
• You don't constantly seek ways to improve yourself and your surroundings
• You'd feel like a fish out of water without a well defined traditional corporate structure
• You'd consider taking out the trash as being below you
• You're accustomed to using the phrase "it's not part of my job description"
• You are unable to accept and give constructive criticism amongst your peers
Please DO apply if:
• You sweat the details but also keep focused on the big picture
• You have the desired experience (this is not a learn on the job position)
• You're a doer - someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well
• You are a "go to" person because you're reliable, creative, resourceful, a good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people your peers know
• You're accustomed to a small company environment including wearing many hats and managing way too many things at any given time
• You're articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy (this does not mean familiarity with Microsoft Office)
• Your friends and former employers would gush about you and your awesomeness
• You can effectively balance team feedback with the decision-making process
What we do...
We help businesses process credit card payments by providing a merchant account, payment gateway, recurring billing tools and credit card storage. The company is disrupting the payments industry by providing elegant tools for developers coupled with white-glove support. We're unlike others in the industry; we think and do things differently and are frequently told by our customers that we're not just the best payments support, but the best support *period* that they've ever encountered.
A few things about us...
We were founded in 2007, and are very fortunate to count among our customers some of the largest, most reputable, and fastest growing merchants in the U.S such as: LivingSocial, 37signals, OpenTable and GitHub. Our team is now over 60 strong and the company is on track to process more than $3 billion in credit card volume in 2012 from more than 2,000 merchants. Braintree was profitably bootstrapped for four years before accepting a $34 million investment from Accel Partners in 2011. 500. We've worked unbelievably hard to deliver value and it's paid off.
Our appealing work environment includes highly competent co-workers, competitive pay, engaging work, casual dress, flexible schedule, full health, vision and dental benefits, and 401k with employer match. We have a dart board, foosball table, and bags (corn hole) in the office. We work very hard and have a lot of fun. We thrive on doing things better, more efficiently, and smarter. We are a flat organization. We don't have an employee hierarchy or official job titles (you choose your own). We don't have a vacation policy; we trust people to get their work done and maintain a proper work life balance.
We have unusually high expectations of our people. Here are some characteristics that we value in each other:
1. Self management: both hands are firmly gripped on the steering wheel
2. Ownership: I've got it, you don't need to think about it
3. Initiative: getting things done without the slightest nudge
4. Virtue: honesty, good deeds, kindness, and appreciation
5. Problem Solving: nothing that can't be solved and improved
6. Team work: we before I
We will reply to your application, no matter what.
TO APPLY: http://braintree.theresumator.com/apply/flpTRp/Account-Management-Lead.html