A massive fire engulfed a business that produces moldings in Bartow County on Friday. The huge blaze gutted the building.
The blaze struck Mouldings Unlimited, located on Highway 411 in White, Georgia at around 12:30 a.m. Firefighters closed the highway while they battled the fire.
Bartow County Fire Battalion Chief, Bryan Keeling, says the fire was brought under control after burning for nearly seven hours. Units with Cherokee and Gordon County assisted in combating the blaze.
Several neighbors say they heard explosions before the fire started.
Employee Mike Nappier saw they damage at daylight, and described the destruction as unreal.
"Awful, It was like a nightmare. Just about everybody that's worked for this company and stuff, has probably thought about a fire in the past and stuff like that. But we never would have dreamed we would be looking at it. It was just a thought, something that could happen. To actually see something like this become reality, it's a shock," said Nappier.
White City Manager, Jane Richards, told FOX 5 that water pressure was a problem during the fire. She said White has a small water system, and they tapped into the Bartow County Fire Department's water system.
Fire crews say the water pressure was stabilized, and that were able to fight the blaze without problems.
Richards tells FOX 5 that the fire may not be completely extinguished until Monday.
The Bartow County Sheriff's Office says Highway 411 was reopened on Friday afternoon.
Mouldings Unlimited is a family-owned and operated business. Its website says it is one of the largest and most diversified manufacturers of its kind in the southeast, specializing in architectural hardwood and softwood moldings.
"I never would have thought we would lose the whole business," said Reid Dunn of Moulding Unlimited.
Dunn said he did not what sparked the fire. He said he hoped to be able to rebuild the business.
No firefighters were injured, and authorities say no workers were inside the building when the fire broke out.