TrainSignal is looking to hire a Managing Editor to run our high traffic blog that is dedicated to bringing engaging and relevant content to our IT audience. We are looking for someone to oversee the site and the team of authors, editors and interns. This person must have a strong understanding of traffic driving content tactics and utilizing SEO best practices. The Managing Editor must have writing experience (e.g. worked for a professional blog, social network or online magazine), management experience, impeccable organizational skills, incredible attention to detail and a huge plus if you have experience with an IT audience.
Who is TrainSignal?
• Founded in 2002, TrainSignal is a fun, profitable, high growth company
• Award winning provider of online training for IT professionals around the world
• We create training courses in subjects like Microsoft, Cisco, VMware and CompTIA
• Named to Inc. Magazine's list of fastest growing companies for 5 years in a row
What you'll be working on:
• You'll be responsible for our IT community focused blog - www.TrainSignal.com/Blog
• Recruiting new writers and ensuring top quality writing from current authors
• Managing and growing our team of editors and interns
• Creating and overseeing content calendar
• Overseeing production of our e-mail newsletter
• Implementing SEO best practices
• Reviewing analytics reports and adjusting site's content accordingly
• Staying ahead of the curve in identifying content opportunities for our IT audience
• Working with the Social Media Manager to help deliver content across all our marketing channels
What you need to bring to the table:
• At least two years of experience managing a team of writers and editors
• Expert editorial and project management skills
• A start-up mentality, ready to take on multiple projects, metrics driven and ready to roll up your sleeves and have fun
• Proficient with WordPress
• Knowledge of the IT industry is a plus
Why you'll love it here:
• A highly competitive salary
• BlueCross/BlueShield health insurance
• 401k plan with profit sharing contributions
• Casual office, we love our jeans
• Our kitchen is stockpiled with snacks and drinks. . . when I say drinks I really mean tons and tons of Red Bull and coffee. . . caffeine overload!
• We like having fun! Our break room has a Wii and a PS3. . . Rock Band anyone?
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical expenses
• Paid holidays, vacation and personal days
• And most importantly, great people!