Sleepy Giant runs persistent online games and player communities of all sizes. We specialize in working with game studios to get their games to market, through a blend of strategic planning, smart design, cutting edge technologies, rock solid operations and real-time marketing. Our team takes an analytical approach to games; matching and supporting our creative counterparts at development studios. Some of the partners we work with include Activision, Disney, SeaWorld and THQ.
You're looking for a challenge to grow out of your routine and mentor others along the way. We're less concerned about your years of experience in Ruby on Rails, but if you're into contributing to major projects from day one as you learn our stack, let's talk.
* You'll contribute from development to deployment, and lead junior developers through our build process.
* You'll interact with our game creator clients -- discuss technical issues, and address questions and concerns they may have.
* You'll have the chance to architect and implement application functionalities for our gaming PaaS, built in Ruby on Rails.
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
* Passionate about open source, and regularly develops using Agile and TDD methods.
* Has experience building secure, high-performing web applications. We work with some major brands, and you probably have, too.
* Our platform supports games with millions of users, so any experience you have scaling web apps with SQL, Redis or MongoDB will help us succeed.
* We develop all our applications in Rails and Sinatra, so any experience you have building web apps using a similar MVC framework is helpful.
* We're starting to work with some mobile and social network APIs, so it's helpful if you're into developing SOA for API-driven services.
You Can Look Forward To:
* Our team is talented and small - your contribution will matter.
* Growth opportunities. The company plans on growing quickly. As we grow, there will be advancement opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
* Great perks! We are committed to our team's high quality of life, including an excellent benefits package:
- full medical, dental, vision benefits
- stock option plan in the works!
- fully-stocked pantry and bagels Monday
- Paid vacation days
* Work full time, on-site at our headquarters in Newport Beach, CA or at our office in Chicago, IL
* Sleepy Giant is unable to sponsor or transfer work visas at this time.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click here.