Authorities say a mechanic is a recovering in a hospital burn unit after a sailboat caught fire in a marina on Lake Lanier.
Fire officials say the man was working on the carburetor of a 24-foot sailboat Wednesday night, when gasoline caught a spark from a sparkplug and ignited.
Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle says the fire caused second-degree burns to the man's arms and legs.
He was taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center by a relative, and then taken by helicopter to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
The sailboat, which was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, was described as a total loss.
Information from: The Times, http://www.gainesvilletimes.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.