Grand Traverse Bakery and Cafe in Troy's "Week of Giving"
During the "week of giving," the Grand Traverse Pie Company in Troy is giving 5% of sales all week to an organization called Michigan Youth Opportunities Initiative. MYOI goal is to ensure that young people in foster care have the successful outcomes's in housing, education, employment, community engagement and health. They are also giving back to our customers with "free sweets" daily and instore daily specials.
Click here to learn more about the Grand Traverse Pie Company.
Here is the RECIPE featured on FOX 2 News weekend morning.
2 slices whole wheat bread
Grilled Manitou Sandwich
Pesto Mayonnaise (add pesto to your favorite mayonnaise)
2 oz. thinly sliced turkey
2 oz. thinly sliced ham
2 pieces of cherry wood smoked bacon
2 slices tomato
2 slices swiss cheese
salt & pepper
1. put thinly sliced turkey, ham, and two pieces of bacon on a Panini grill or saute pan and heat for 30 seconds
2. while meats are heating, spread butter on each slice of whole wheat bread and place on grill with butter side down
3. spread pesto mayonnaise on each slice of bread
4. add 3 slices of tomato on one piece of bread
5. flip meats and stack from turkey to ham to bacon
6. shake salt and pepper and add swiss cheese. Heat for an additional 30 seconds.