ATTENTION RECENT COLLEGE GRADS or DEVELOPERS LOOKING TO ENHANCE THEIR SKILL SET! Are you a developer who jumps at the opportunity to try out new technology? Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to wear multiple hats? Do you get satisfaction out of knowing that your contributions lead to the overall success of a product?
If so, then the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), a progressive non-profit medical association, just may be the place for you! Our growing IT team is in need of talented developers who aren't afraid of exploring cutting edge technology and are capable of understanding the big picture. You will collaborate with internal clients to design and develop enterprise web applications and databases for daily operations utilizing Visual Basic, C#, ASP.NET & SQL Server 2008; qualified candidates will have at least 1 year work OR school related experience for this entry to mid-level position. All work is done in the national office with no travel requirements. For serious consideration, submit salary requirements with resume. Compensation commensurate with experience.
LOCAL applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship and relocation are NOT available.
* Work closely with other developers, project managers and network administrator.
* Analyze end users data needs and develop user oriented solutions which interface with existing applications.
* Ensure system integrity, assist in installation of technological upgrades
* Provide overall technical leadership to department by staying abreast of latest development technology and teaching best practices to team.
* Other duties as assigned by the manager
* B.S. in Computer Science
* Minimum of one year professional experience developing ASP.NET 2.0+ applications.
* Advanced knowledge of Object-oriented programming
* Strong programming experience in C#/VB (VB preferred)
* Strong HTML and CSS skills
* Working knowledge of IIS
* Experience with N-Layer application development
* Minimum of one year Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 experience required
* Advanced knowledge of database design concepts
* Ability to write advanced T-SQL queries
* Must have a thorough understanding of the full life cycle of a project
* Demonstrated ability to think outside the box in developing application solutions; creative problem solving skills
* Ability to effectively interact with staff; strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects at one time
* Network administration experience
* Web services, XML
* Mobile platform development experience
About the AASM:
Established in 1975, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is a professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of sleep medicine and related research. The AASM's mission is to assure quality care for patients with sleep disorders, promote the advancement of sleep research and provide public and professional education. The AASM represents the professional interests of over 10,000 sleep medicine clinicians and researchers worldwide and accredits nearly 2,500 sleep centers and laboratories in the United States.
The AASM's national office in Darien, IL (a southwest suburb of Chicago) is conveniently located nearby major expressways. Our employees enjoy our light-filled, eco-friendly building and prairie landscape which supports a host of sustainable efforts. We offer a superior benefits package including health, disability, life/AD&D and accident insurance, dental reimbursement plan, cafeteria plan, personal time off program and flex-time.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
2510 N. Frontage Rd.
Darien, IL 60561