Passion for Fashion?
Tired of boring retail jobs where all you do is stand in a room and make no decisions? Do you read Lucky Magazine? Can you name the top 5 teen clothing brands? If you answered yes to all three and you're into teen and young adult fashion, have an outgoing personality, willing to work hard in a very fast paced environment yet have fun doing it. . .APPLY NOW!!!
The economy might be down, but our sales and growth are up! We're looking for a highly motivated, sales oriented, experienced leader to take our growing business to the next level. Plato's Closet is a national franchise that buys and sells current style, name brand clothing and accessories for teens and young adults. We are a leader in the industry, and our locally owned groups of stores are among the top performers in the country. We are looking for an Assistant Manager in Training that can help us continue to grow our sales and our concept.
What we'll do for you:
• We offer a competitive base salary along with a performance based pay structure that is limitless
• Benefits including health care reimbursement, vacation, employee discount, and extended training opportunities
• We're a great company to work for, with hands on owners to offer guidance and support
• Opportunities for growth in our fast growing company
• We offer monthly bonus and contest incentives for your associates and keyholders
• We provide a fun, fast-paced work environment
Our company's culture and beliefs:
• Recycling clothing not only helps the environment but also the pocketbook.
• We believe in hard work, integrity, respecting individuals and the necessity of individuals taking full responsibility for their actions and decisions.
• We believe in recognition for a job well done and celebrating achievements.
• Buying, selling, pricing, ticketing and merchandising by adhering to merchandising standards, evaluating market demands, adhering to buying plan, managing stock and sales levels, and meeting or exceeding store sales goals and purchase goals. Manage all customer buys to insure we can maintain profitability standards in reselling these products.
• Determine personnel requirements based on season and store schedule; perform staff recruitment and interviewing. Train, and evaluate current staff as assigned throughout all stages of their development. Use all training checklists, guides and testing materials. Recertify all staff buyers every 6 months. Perform and complete associate evaluations in a timely manner.
• Familiarize yourself and staff with product merchandise and brand names. Seek out opportunity to buy used goods, closeouts, liquidation's, etc.
• Establish and monitor appropriate security procedures including computer cash register, inventory management and open/close procedures. Prepare and make daily bank deposits. Produce weekly management reports and spot checks.
• Promote, coach and role model superior customer service to all customers, every day. Ensure that all store associates understand and support the pursuit of superior service and our non-negotiable standards.
• Restock store following merchandising plan you create. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures. Assign and complete all projects on the daily floor plan and management calendar.
• Monitor employee hours in relationship to sales and make cuts or additions if necessary. Staff scheduling and forethought may be necessary if staff illness or otherwise should arise. Attendance as a manager is mandatory unless you find a management replacement for your shift.
• Monitor and encourage through positive communication staff performance and productivity. Maintaining accurate recordings in the manager log of sales, staff performance, customer's situations, and repair and maintenance issues.
• Ensure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Ensure merchandise receiving and ticketing occurs in a timely manner, so that merchandise can be processed to the selling floor for sale. Back stock inventory needs to be organized, rotated and dated to insure oldest merchandise is brought out to the sales floor first.
• Complete any additional assignments as directed by the district manager or owner.
What we expect from you:
• Highly organized with ability to multi task
• Attention to the details
• A strong work ethic
• A commitment to the store that doesn't go away when you clock out
• A willingness to continue learning through ongoing training
• A competitiveness that motivates you to be a leader in sales
• Ability to attain sales and SPMH goals
• High School Diploma or equivalent (College Prefered)
• Minimum 2 years retail sales, customer service or restaurant experience
• At least 1 year prior supervisory experience
• Excellent customer service and sales skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively. Maintain an orderly system for planning, coordination, follow-through, and completion of tasks.
• Ability to provide leadership and inspire people with fun, positive energy
• Strong operational, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Able and willing to work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, and long/unusual hours as needed. Must be able to work 45 hrs a week and 50 in the busiest months of March & August.
• Ability to move, lift and carry medium to large items weighing up to 30 pounds, hang/fold merchandise, climbing, reaching, pushing/pulling.
• Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record.
• Ability and willingness to train and work in any store in Chicago Area District. District consists of stores in Skokie, Schaumburg, Lincoln Park, and Harwood Heights. Must have own personal transportation to get to stores in the district.
• It is the store manager's responsibility to be present and punctual for all assigned shifts and require the same for all staff.
• Must be able to meet and maintain productivity and production standards established by Plato's Closet
• Position requires a background and a screening test prior to hire.
• Progressively responsible retail supervisory experience (2 years)
• Customer service experience in a retail (1 year)
• Experience in directing the work of others
• High School Diploma
• Significant progress on a College degree or completed degree
We have an excellent training program that includes annual conferences, pay competitively, offer substantial bonuses based on the stores performance and health care reimbursement benefits. In addition we offer bonuses to your assistant manager, shift leaders and incentives to your staff to assist with sales results.