CONTENT MANAGER at Cappex.com
Important work. Great benefits. Over 3.5 million students. Used by 1,800 colleges.
What We Do: At Cappex, we help students find the right college -- much simpler and easier than anywhere else. Our revolutionary approach allows students to be sought by colleges across the country, and our comprehensive college profile data, unique admission chances tool and student reviews help students find their perfect college fit. More than 3.5 million students are connecting with 1800 colleges every day on Cappex, with thousands more are signing up every day.
The Role: Cappex has recently launched a new program, College Greenlight (collegegreenlight.com), to assist first generation, low income, and minority students with the college search process. As Greenlight Content Manager, you will be responsible for making sure our website best meets the needs of these students as well as related community based organization partners.
You will build a library of best practice college access resources; develop blog and social media content to engage users; edit and organize blog content from student contributors; compile and organize student videos for the website; and manage website interaction/discussion forums tailored to Greenlight students. The ideal candidate will have strong editorial and creative instincts with writing/blogging experience and a passion for the college access arena.
* Research and build our library of college access/college application & admissions resources tailored to Greenlight students and counselors including creating content and identifying/organizing best practice information already available.
* Develop strategies for acquiring student videos and organize video content for the site (i.e. students providing advice to other students, student video reviews of the college experience from a multi-cultural perspective).
* Review the site in detail to ensure that all language is tailored to the needs of our audience, creating a user friendly voice to engage Greenlight users.
* Research multi-cultural resources at colleges across the country and develop/organize this content on our site to provide easily accessible, centralized access to this information for our users.
* Direct the Greenlight blog including writing blog content as well as compiling, editing and organizing blog contributions from students.
* Develop and edit social media content (Facebook, Twitter) that resonates with users.
* BA/BS degree, outstanding writing/editing skills, creative flair, and a passion for and experience (work or personal) in college access for 1st generation, low income, and minority students.
* Blogging or social media writing background a strong plus.
* Video editing for the web a plus.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience in HTML and video editing tools a plus.
* Ability to manage projects and translate the strategic goals of a project into compelling, persuasive content.
* Extreme attention to detail with excellent communication and follow-up skills.
More about Cappex: We got our start in 2006 and we're off to a raging success. We have a great office location in downtown Highland Park, just one block from the Metra stop (Union Pacific North Line).
Cappex has a fantastic benefits program, including: medical, dental, vision, three weeks paid time off, and a matching 401K plan.
Cappex is a great place to build a career -- full of bright, energetic people who are genuinely friendly and fun to work with. Please see our full list of available jobs at: http://cappexcollegesearchmadesimple.jobscore.com to refer your friends.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and also include a cover letter that tells us how you stack-up to the position we've described and shows us a bit of your personality. A cover letter is very important to us. All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Note: Cappex is not currently working with any placement firms for this position. Please apply directly even if the firm tells you, "they know someone at Cappex" (or something similar).