A pasta dish with vegetables can be a fresh way to get dinner on the table quickly and easily! The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend green and orange veggies each week for their great mix of nutrients – the addition of broccoli makes this tasty pasta dish an easy way to make broccoli (and green veggies) a fun part of the day. Center cut bacon is a little better choice than regular in terms of fat/saturated fat.
Featured recipe: Pancetta & Broccoli Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Amount: 4 servings
½ (12 ounce) package wild harvest® Organic Rotini
½ pound diced pancetta or center cut bacon
2 tablespoons wild harvest® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4-5 cups fresh broccoli OR 1 (16 ounce) package Jewel® Frozen Broccoli Florets, thawed, drained
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
½ teaspoon Jewel® Black Pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté pancetta over medium-high heat until lightly browned and crispy (about 5-7 minutes). Remove to paper towels, reserving drippings.
3. Add olive oil to drippings in pan, when hot, add broccoli, garlic, pepper and pepper flakes. Sauté until broccoli is heated through.
4. Add pancetta, pasta, tomatoes and Parmesan, if desired; salt to taste. Toss to coat.
Nutritional Information: Serving Size ¼ of recipe; Calories 470; Total Fat 26g; Saturated Fat 9g; Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 960mg; Carbohydrates 39g; Fiber 5g; Protein 17g
Copyright © 2009 Supervalu, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Visit www.supervalu-ourownbrands.com for more recipes.